Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool #11 Reflections

1. My favorite tools are Photostory, Bookr, wikis, google docs. I think using technology will motivate students to write and will bring about amazing results. I look forward to brainstorming with my first grade team about how we will use this in our classrooms. Writing should happen in all subjects, and this is one more way for that to occur!

2. It has added an element of excitement to my re-entering the classroom this year. My students and I will all be learning together, and we'll have even more avenues to use to get to mastery of required skills in all subjects. Of course, I feel quite intimidated, as my technological skills are still rather weak. I predict that I will become a "fan" of Atomic Learning (before I ever see my assessment score)! As a result, my students will benefit even more, and my technologically-savvy family members will breathe a huge, collective sigh of relief......

3. An outcome that was unexpected from this program is that it can take an inordinate amount of time on the computer when you open every link, and then read the articles. But it is a wonderful opportunity to share with our little learners all the tools available in the technological world to challenge, help, inspire us to reach our goals, and how to manage our time doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment